The Swedish Institute (SI) offers fully funded scholarships to over 700 master’s programmes in Sweden. SI is looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference. The scholarships are a unique opportunity to develop professionally, academically and build long-lasting relations with Sweden and other global professionals.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes at Swedish Universities in the Autumn 2024.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time one or two year Masters Programmes offered by Swedish Universities and Higher Education Institutions.
About 700 English-taught master’s programmes are eligible for the SI scholarship for Global Professionals, covering programmes in the fields of humanities, agricultural science, medicine and public health, natural science, social science, and technology. You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year shortly at the official website.
Number of Scholarships:
About 350 scholarships
Target group: Students from the following countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 12,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester.
There are no additional grants for family members. It also doesn’t cover the application fee to University Admissions.
To be eligible for SISGP:
• You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see above). However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
• The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. The university gives priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
• You must have demonstrated work experience (conditions apply to certain regions). In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
• You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, have paid the application fee on time, and be admitted (or conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 21 March 2024.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligiblity criteria found at the official website.
The application portal will open on 12 February – 28 February 2024 at the official website.
1. To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, by 15 January 2024. Once you have submitted your application for master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
2. After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 12 February 00:01 until 28 February 2024 14:59 CET.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Website: Click Here
Deadline: 15 Jan/28 Feb 2024
Study in: Sweden
Course starts August 2024